New Position at Welcome Credit Union
ASSISTANT LOAN OFFICER
Reports to: Branch Manager
Welcome Federal Credit Union 250-C Easy Street Greenville is looking for an energetic, high performing individual to process loans in accordance with NC state laws, federal regulations and Welcome Federal Credit Union policies.
- Assists members with the loan application process, interviews applicants, and provides recommendations for loans.
Gathers background information, applicants’ credit history, and obtains credit reports. Processes credit reviews in accordance with WFCU’s criteria, policies, and procedures. Analyzes financial information to determine qualifying status for loans.
- Determines collateral requirements, values, and establish payment plans. Informs prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
- Explains reasons for denial and completes and mails appropriate forms. Explores alternative lending options for members when loans are denied.
- Conducts loan closings with members in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and WFCU policies and procedures.
- Assures that the Credit Union’s lien is filed with appropriate agencies and is listed on all collateral documents; that legal collateral documents are secured; and that all property/collateral secured loans are covered by collision insurance.
- Cross-sells appropriate WFCU services, products, and loans.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School degree required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year work experience in an accounting/banking/credit union role, including data entry, customer service, and problem resolution. Previous cash-handling and lending experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Notary Public, or eligible for notary certification.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly (both written and orally), listen accurately.