Security & Fraud
Welcome Credit Union pledges to protect your privacy online. Virtual branch (online banking) and our mobile app are not just convenient and simple, but comply with rigorous cybersecurity regulations and multifactor authentication tools, including biometric logins.
While we offer an array of value-added features and services, site surveillance and transaction monitoring, it’s important that you know Welcome Credit Union will never ask you to provide confidential information (your account number, Social Security number, name, address, password, etc.) in emails or text messages.
For your protection, our fraud detection system, Neural Network, helps track potentially fraudulent activity on your debit card. However, should you suspect suspicious account activity, be sure to monitor your statements closely and immediately report any transactions you don’t recognize to (888) 932-8148.
You can aid in keeping your credit union accounts secure by:
- Creating strong passwords (numbers, upper and lowercase letters, various symbols, etc.)
- Change your passwords periodically
- Protect your PC with anti-virus software and spyware
- Go paperless with Welcome’s e-Statements and Bill Pay
- Only shop on trusted, secure websites
- Be on the lookout for suspicious emails
Want more tips and advice on fraud, online security, card security and privacy? Check out our Education Centers.