At Welcome Credit Union, our members are like family. And like you, we’ve been focused on doing all the things we need to do to keep our families safe and healthy. As your credit union, we are here for you when you need us the most.
Given growing concerns around the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we are taking this opportunity to update you on our readiness plan. The health and safety of our members, employees, and communities is our top priority. We will continue to follow guidance from federal, state and local agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health organizations. Here is an update regarding extra safety measures we have put in place along with tips to help you access your accounts.
For Our Members
- Your funds are safe and secure and are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA
- Welcome Credit Union has greatly enhanced our members’ remote access to their accounts over the years. Most everything you can do at a branch can be done remotely 24 hours a day and seven days a week. If you are not sure, please contact Member Care.
- Utilize Online and Mobile Banking. To download Mobile Banking, please click here for Apple or Android.
- Utilize the convenience of our mobile deposit or online loan application or mortgage loan information services. Or use Virtual Branch (view the getting started page from the left-hand menu) to view your account balances and transfer funds between your WFCU accounts.
- For answers to your questions phone your branch or utilize Chat on our website.
- Visit one of our drive-thru locations (Morrisville or Zebulon-Gannon).
- You can get cash-back when shopping with your Welcome debit card or use a fee-free ATM (Morrisville or Zebulon-Gannon Branches or Cashpoints, Coastal Credit Union ATMs, or Sheetz ATMs).
- Protect yourself from scams. If we reach out to you, we won’t ask for confidential information such as your name, password, personal identification number (PIN), or other account information.
- Please follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
- If you have been affected by COVID-19 and need help with your account, please contact us.
- Increasing janitorial disinfecting and services:
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including surfaces doorknobs, phones, handrails, counters, and ATMs
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies, including soap, paper towels
- Adding hand sanitizer wipes and gloves at teller stations
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products
- Building awareness around preventing the spread of disease
- Closely monitoring health and well-being
- Providing hand sanitizer wipes and tissues in breakrooms and meeting rooms
- Asking them to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick
- Suspending all non-essential business travel and attendance at public meetings
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak Resources
- Continuity/Pandemic Planning for Employers
In Our Branches
For Our Team Members
If anything changes or we are required to close any branches, we will post an update on our website at www.welcomecu.org.